05 May 2009

Farewell My Friend

I sold Wanda today. I'm really pleased by the home I found for her. I think I've made the best decision for her but it was ever so difficult to sign the bill of sale and load her into a trailer. She has been my companion for this journey and I am grateful for all that I learned from her. In spite of everything, or perhaps because of it, Wanda was a great first horse for me. She was so patient with me as I fumbled my way through learning to give paste wormer. She was always ready to scrap everything we'd worked on the day before and try it a new way when I'd read a new book. She was my friend, my teacher, and my student. I will miss her. And still, I am excited about the next phase. For I have also learned from her what kind of horse best suits me. I have given up a lot of my pride and admitted that I need a horse more suited to a beginner's confidence level. I am looking forward to finding my next friend and continuing my adventures and I wish Wanda and her new owner well as they begin their own. Farewell Wanda, my horse-friend.

Stay tuned for the continuing Adventures of a Girl and Her (new) Horse.

3 comments:

  1. Jill, you have a great attitude and I just know your next horse is going to fill your heart with joy. What a sad time it is though, saying goodbye. I sold Montana on Friday and I could not bring myself to say goodbye; it was just hasta la vista, here's a peanut butter sandwich. I owned him for 8 years. Gaaahh tearing up just thinking about it. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I did not come sooner to see and read...I was not strong enough..really hard to know how you loved her..yet now reading, I am very happy for her and you!
    Exciting to anticipate the next step, and dream on your future steed!
    Be looking for you Jill!
    KacyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm sad but happy and definitely looking forward to finding a new partner who will fit me a little better.

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?