20 August 2010

How I've Lived 'til Now

"and i love you so,
people ask me how,
how i've lived til now,
i tell them i don't know"

Every now and then, like now for instance, there are moments when I sit and listen to my son breathe and marvel at the world and its mysteries. I am so in awe of this tiny being that came from me.

They said that I couldn't really know what it is to love unil I had a child.

They were wrong.

Because this love? This all-encompassing, nothing I wouldn't do for you, absolute devotion? It's how I love. When I really open my heart, I open it. It's that simple and that profound. Often the people I've given my heart to have no idea that I have. They're the kindred spirits in this world-the ones I meet and love for no real reason other than that I do.

You may not know who you are, but I hold you in my heart every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment


ya'll come back now, ya hear?