08 February 2011

Well, Duh!

Last week my trainer and I were talking about the "s" word. Showing. Tiny little schooling shows, she says. No pressure, she says. Except that every time she says that word she gets a little more excited and I get a little more panicked. But that's another post. We were working on the Intro tests when she told me to leg yield into the turns at C and A. And I had one of those "duh" moments. See, I'd always wondered how people made those beautiful turns all the way at the end of the arena without turning early. I mean, the horse I'm riding at the moment is 17.2hh and long. By the time his head hits C we're still two or three strides from the turn. And then she tosses that little gem out there casually, in the middle of some other feedback, and I about fell off the horse. It was so simple. So easy. Well, duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment


ya'll come back now, ya hear?