29 January 2009

Oh the Joy of Handwalking

Tonight was our first 30 minute handwalk. She was too funny! Totally willing to walk along next to me-although we did have to review that if you keep walking at the same tempo I do then it doesn't feel like I'm pulling your head along. But she was so upset that another horse was being ridden in the arena! I'm not sure if she doesn't like this particular horse or if it was that another horse was moving faster than her but it was so funny. Every time he would come around the rail by us she would pinch her nose and put her ears back and think really hard about how much she'd like to kick him. You could literally watch her brain following this line of thought. She cracks me up!

2 comments:

  1. I came up with the term on the trail yesterday while riding with another boarder. Her Thoroughbred gelding was creeping up o us and Wa mare really hates others in her personal space of to pass even(.the front is her personal space)
    I mentioned this to my friend, about her space issue..she said something about a bubble and I heard Wubble..like a new word for Wa's space!

    Sounds like Wanda has her own "Wubble" too!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's great! She does indeed have a very big "Wubble"
    J

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?