21 September 2009

Winning the Fight

The baby continues in its efforts to make me throw up. Just about every evening at 8:30 the battle begins!

Now, I'm very proud that I have not yet given in to this physical demand. I would rather wear wet underwear AND wet socks than throw up. And since we began the second trimester, I have been feeling better most of the day. However, every evening (well, 6 out of 7), the gagging begins. Internet, I cannot express to you how difficult this makes falling asleep!

In addition to this challenge, my abdomen aches nearly all the time. I know this is normal, as my uterus expands and my ligaments loosen; but, oy, it aches! I can't get comfortable and if I do finally manage it, then I wake up gagging or I have to get out of bed to use the bathroom! I'm so over these symptoms already and we have many more months to go (March!).

On the plus side, last night I sneezed and the baby rolled around for about 35 seconds! I've felt it move before but it's been like trying to catch minnows with your hand-a quick flash or wriggle and then it's gone. But last night, I could feel it very clearly. And then I gagged and had to get out of bed to pee....

No comments:

Post a Comment


ya'll come back now, ya hear?