30 August 2009

Ugh...My First Cold

I have my first pregnancy cold. And I'm miserable. To make matters worse, my brother is visiting from Chicago and I feel so awful. And can I take any real drugs? Of course not! So, I'm muddling along with my Afrin and my Tylenol. Ugh...I went to the doctor yesterday in the hope of getting an anti-viral but the doctor (not my usual dr.) said I'd have to wait it out.

In the meantime, my nausea is slowly getting much better and I'm starting to have an appetite again. I'm pretty much always hungry, much to my husband's amusement and my brother's amazement. I eat every hour and a half to two hours; although I'm not eating as much at a time as I usually do. I keep forgetting this fact however and ending up with a ton of food left on my plate. I'm managing much better with my bosom at night and it only tries to strangle me every other night or so. I'm showing already. I'm only 12 weeks pregnant (on this coming Tuesday)! I'm a bit nervous about how large I'm going to end up.

I packed up all of my horse stuff and stored it away in the garage. I found some mold on my good saddle which was frustrating. I've cleaned and conditioned it and will check it periodically. I plan to bring it into the house when the winter rainy season really kicks in to try and avoid and further mold damage. I've also had my last day as an official Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center class volunteer for awhile. All of this has combined to leave me a bit down. My husband keeps reminding me that we will, eventually, buy another horse and that I will ride again. I hope so because I miss it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there sweetie with baby and wonderful husband!
    He is too wonderful to remind you that you WILL have a horse partner again!
    I am going to the beach with one of my favortite horse mom's and now she too has a little "Bella" doll baby. She came to the beach last year pregnaunt and took her horse for a walk while we rode and now she is riding again and brings the baby with a sitter. She is my hero!

    Hope your cold has come and gone. My sissy had a doosey one that rendered her almost unable to breath. She did "Mustard packs" Dry mustard in a warm paste- on top of cheesecloth on your chest...it stings but is not hurting your skin much...it draws the mucus out!It really helped her.

    Thanks for signing up to "Lead/Follow/Share" at my place. I rteally love all the folks I get to hear from and talk with. I plan on meeting more in person next year after I get a truck to go with the trailer. Maybe I can come meet you and ride sometime.
    You take care....when is your due date?You should put that in your sidebar or a countdown meeter of somekind...blogger has stuff, I think for those.Fun and exciting times!
    KacyK

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?