07 February 2009

Guarded Optimism

Well, I'm starting to feel cautiously optimistic. Wanda seemed to feel much better yesterday and today (she FINALLY got her feet done, which I'm sure helped). I palpated her back yesterday and it did seem less sore. It's still tender but I think we may have started moving in the right direction. Best of all, some other folks were riding while we were longeing and she expressed to me her desire for us to start doing that again! Coming from my mare, that was a lot of something so I'm really happy. A friend recently pointed out to me that everyone processes out inflammation at different rates, especially older inflammation, and that it could take more time for her than for another horse. I'm hoping this is the case and that perhaps the inflammation is starting to go down. I don't want to get my hopes up too high but I'm feeling much more optimistic than I was at this same time last week, which is a pretty good place to be.

1 comment:


ya'll come back now, ya hear?