17 February 2009

More Injections

The vet came again yesterday and we did more injecting. We injected all along her dorsal spines and in her S/I joints. Wanda was a champ about it, although judging from her reaction even through her heavily-sedated state it must have burned like anything.

Now she's on muscle relaxants for the next ten days and then we'll recheck her. I did talk to the vet and this week we're going to longe her in a cavesson, surcingle, and side reins. I'm to mildly sedate her right before we start working, work for 30 minutes, and then she can be turned out for an hour. We may have to play with the sedative dosage but hopefully this way she can go out for at a bit of fresh air and move around some. Unfortunately I've already missed my turn-out window today by oversleeping but we do what we can. I'll longe her a little extra and maybe take her for a hand-walk around the property depending upon whether or not her eyes are bugging out of her head!

On the bright side the vet seems very confident that she will be fit for riding again. I'm still waiting to hear back from the dentist about her tooth. And when my trainer gets back home next week I'm going to ask if I can't take a lesson once a week on one of the school horses since I miss riding. At least we have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment


ya'll come back now, ya hear?