25 February 2009

I Can't Think of Anything Clever, Sorry

My brain is totally fried at the moment. We had the vet out to check her back again today and while she has made some improvement on the left side, the right side is still horribly painful. And the vet doesn't know why. She says most horses present with a specific area that is painful but with Wanda it's the entire back. So we left her on the muscle relaxants, added some bute, and we're now back to longeing with a halter and chain since her back is so sore. We go to the clinic on Monday to have x-rays taken of her spine. I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's getting more and more difficult. With every thing we rule out it simply makes it that much more likely that this is something really bad. Possibly I've had my last ride on my horse and that really kills me. She got her antibiotics today for the tooth and there's still a slim chance that they might get rid of the infection and then we wouldn't have to pull the tooth which would, obviously, be awesome. Please keep Wanda in your thoughts and/or prayers.

2 comments:

  1. ((((hugs)))) You and Wanda are in my thoughts. I hope you can get this figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks jesterjigger. I really appreciate it. Add to this day that I came home yesterday to find that one of my rats is urinating blood and it has been a banner week.

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?