02 March 2009

Finding a New Home

Well, we got x-rays today and, unless my vet has some drastically different interpretation of them, it looks as though I'll be rehoming Wanda. It will depend a great deal upon what my vet has to say. She *may* still be able to be used as a broodmare which will increase her options but she will most likely never be truly sound for riding.

One of the major factors in my decision will be determining how much pain she is in. If she is going to be in a great deal of pain everyday then I don't believe in putting her through that. But, if she is in a manageable amount of pain, and right now that appears to be the case, then I'll try to find her a good home.

I know some of you will disagree with my decision not to keep her and that's ok. I've discovered over the last few weeks that I don't particularly enjoy having a horse I cannot ride. If I retained ownership of her I would feel terribly guilty about not seeing her as often as I "should". And that is not a good situation for me. So, I'm going to do my best to find her a responsible home where someone else can lavish love and attention on her. That having been said, does anyone know of anyone looking for a really sweet broodmare or pasture pet? If so please contact me.

3 comments:

  1. What about the handicap oraganization(s) that use horses to help kids and adults cope and defer anxieties by grooming and working with the equines from the ground? No riding.
    I am not remebering hwt it is called...but will try to find it for you.
    Kac

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...my new boarding mom (my best freind) is volunteering for such an association now local here in Beavercreek.
    Kac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately she would do very poorly in a therapeutic setting. She doesn't have the patience to endure being handled by so many different people. It would really stress her out.

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?