12 August 2009

Thanks and Pregnancy Woes

Thanks for all of the support you guys. I really appreciate it.

My pregnancy continues...my magnificent bosom continues to try to strangle me with unsettling frequency...I'm nauseous all the time as my GI tract has slowed down so much it hardly seems to be functioning at all...And my throat often feels like it is three sizes too small. But hey, I'm growing a person which is pretty cool. Although the hormone swings I could do without. I struggle with anxiety disorder and depression in my daily life so having this extra amount of oomph to deal with is difficult. I'm having to work almost twice as hard as usual to keep myself centered, and even then I'm less successful than I'd like to be. I'm planning to call and make an appointment with my psychiatrist to see if there is some room to adjust my meds for awhile to help me through this. But for now I'm coping. Unfortunately for my friends, this means that I'm spending more time alone, meditating and resting. I've struggled for years with guilt over this but most of my friends are used to it. I do try to give them a heads up when I feel it coming on and I make an effort to at least try to text or email-even when communicating is a heck of an effort.

1 comment:

  1. Well there sweetie,
    you are so good to just be honest about your mood swings. And now, it is even more understandable with the raging hormones of having a baby aboard!
    You take care and try not to worry too blame much about others...your true friends will understand you and accept you. It is not the amount of them around you, it is the "quality of heart" within the ones that are there.

    I am excited for you and though it can be rough going through much of pregnancy, the other side will outwiegh the toils!

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?