08 December 2008

Equine Withdrawal

I've been sick for the last seven days in a row. Too sick to leave the house to get the mail-much less drive the twenty minutes to see my big bay girl. And...

I MISS HER!

Which is completely reasonable, if not expected, until you realize that just a few short weeks ago I was dealing with the aftermath of a bad fall and completely dreaded going to the barn. I didn't miss my horse that much at all. I wasn't going crazy thinking about her during the day and wondering what she was doing. Or shopping tattered equine catalogs. Or reading books and magazine articles for the fourth and fifth times. I've been missing my horse and I couldn't be prouder of myself.

Oh, and the UPS guy just came and dropped off a box for me! It has my new helmet (I splurged and bought a mid-grade velveteen one-haven't had one of these since I was fifteen), and an extra halter crownpiece, and very stylish dark blue bell boots-*the* latest fashion in rear foot apparel :) I also bought new Prince of Wales spurs and rubber spur grips just before I got sick last week. (My trainer told me it was time to graduate to "big girl spurs".) [a brief history of my mare and spurs-when i first bought her my previous trainer had me riding her in dime rowels. Which I was really uncomfortable with as I didn't ever really feel that my legs were steady enough to wear them. So when I switched trainers the first thing L. did was to have me buy the tinniest, nubbiest spurs I could find. Getting to buy a real spur was a major comment on how far my riding has come in just a few months-or at least, that's the way I'm viewing it!] Bottom line, I cannot wait for my lesson on Wednesday to try out all my new loot and see my girl! But especially, the loot ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man...waiting till Wednesday..TOUGH!
    I got something in the maiul today as well!!! My Cavaletti book!Yeaaa!
    Your mare misses you too!
    KK

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?