22 December 2008

Why so quiet?

Snow of course! We have between eight and ten inches on the ground here and I'm stuck at home. I have been most of the week. My trainer has made it out to the barn and handwalked everyone (she'll be doing the same today, or working my mare if the footing has thawed) so Wanda's not too stir-crazy. Every year my husband and I talk about getting snow chains and every year we decide the two or three days we'd use them don't really justify getting a pair. But on those two or three days (or week in this case) they sure would be handy!

1 comment:

  1. Man Jill, isn't this someting?!
    My mare has been without work for 8 days...though I was able to make it almost eveyday to rotate her into the arena admist the rest of the stall bound horses.
    I have not been there since Saturday 20th.
    The barn doeas call and they made up grain baggies for us all today..most owners only make a week up at a time..and it has been that long for most to be there!
    Hope you can get on track soon with your training and visiting with Wanda Mare~
    KK

    ReplyDelete


ya'll come back now, ya hear?